Saturday, December 6, 2008

Short Stack

Yesterday was Gracie's four month check-up, and we are proud to say she finally made the chart! She is no longer in the 0 percentile for height! She made it to the tenth percentile! Yet, the fact that her head and weight are in the 50th paints a picture of just how tubby our little girl has become! Dr. Koenig said no solid foods yet. "Clearly she is getting all the nutrition she needs from breastmilk." If they gave percentiles for thigh circumference I think Gracie would be off the charts. She's a tank!


On another note, for years now I have felt so blessed because I have always loved my job. I can't believe I get paid to do what I do. Yet, now that I have been back a week work feels like just that: work. Don't get me wrong; I can't imagine having any other job, it is just that it is so hard to leave my baby every day. I know it will get easier. This month she is hangin' with grandma Vicki. I know Gracie is doing fantastic, but I think grandma would love to get a shower in one of these days! We are so lucky she is here. Gracie also spent half the day on Thursday with Beth (in the picture) who will be watching her three days a week come January. We are so lucky to have her. We can tell that she adores Gracie, and that makes going to work MUCH easier. Between Greg, Grandma and Grandpa Fast, Grandma and Grandpa Anderson, and Beth Gracie is going to be very loved!!!

1 comment:

Paige Lomas said...

It is hard...I feel your pain. I am glad you have such great people in your life to help you out. Yeah for Gracie for making the charts!